Mr. O (Jakarta)

He is truly an energy giver and friend. His words are always loving and encouraging. This is what he said in his text message as a reply to the news of the birth of Nindi: "Our dearest Pak Nur & Ibu Yuyun, congratulations on the birth of our dearest Nindita Erin Pradipta; Praise be unto our Ever Dearest Lord & Savior Jesus Christ, let His name only be glorified; It has been a great joy for us to share the beautiful and wonderful news of her birth; Our Ever Dearest Lord & Savior Jesus Christ satisfies her with long life, He gives her perfect health & prosperity & makes her a godly daughter to serve His purpose; Our Ever Dearest Lord & Savior Jesus Christ loves & blesses you all always; Our best & warmest regards to you all, as always with love & prayers from all of us here." No abbreviation. No one ever wrote me that way. It reminded me, in a way, of what Paul said in his letter to the Colossians, “Let your speech be always with grace, seasoned with salt...”

I got to know Mr. O when I recruited him as a translator for the foreigners who attended our church's services. Since then, every time I asked him to substitute other translator he always willingly and readily said yes.

Mr. O is a prominent lawyer who shared the same university with Barack Obama. His wife is having a very serious illness, and yet he still manages to do his best to serve God and others with a cheerful heart.

The last time I met him, he told me something that struck my heart, “Pak Nur, for my spiritual family, I ask nothing. I give everything.” Good God! Can anybody say the same thing? The answer is yours.

Comments