About Her

Her name was Yuyun. She worked as a pastors’ secretary. That was all I knew about her. Personally, I have determined myself not to marry somebody based on the first impression only. I needed to know her spirituality, her ministry, her family, and definitely her passion for mission. The problem was I did not have any idea and chance to know her more. So for some time I was just the secret admirer of hers.

And then, ”Jackpot”! "That was Saturday when we met accidentally. She had just finished her music practice
and I was just about to go home. She offered me to ride along with her girl friends to Taman Anggrek Mall because both of her house and the place I used to stay in Jakarta were near with that mall. I was quite hesitant at first because I was the only man in the car, but I had to seize the moment. I wouldn’t know whether this kind of chance would come again. As we arrived at the mall, by what I believed as a divine arrangement, one by one her girl friends started to leave, until only the two of us were left.

I forgot what we ate, but I would never forget her passion for God and people. I learned she led a large cell group of singles and had actively involved in mission. Yes, my check list was almost complete. But there was one consideration. I was on my way to stay in Aceh to start a school, most likely for good. I was thinking before about the way to propose somebody. Instead of saying, “Will you marry me?”, I would say “Will you go to Aceh with me?”. She lived with her father. It had to be hard for her to leave him alone if she would marry me. I kept that in my heart and just enjoyed the first date with her. By the way, she still refuses to call that night as a “date”. For her it was just a casual dinner :).

The heavy rain that was waiting for us as we were leaving the mall made that evening even more romantic to me. That night I couldn’t sleep.

Comments

  1. Hallo, Mas Nur. Kisah yang bagus dan indah. Jumpa lagi, kali ini dunia maya.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Sidik! Seneng dengar "suara" mu lagi. Thanks. Wah kamu makin jago nulisnya lho :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hehehe... masih belajar, dan akan terus belajar. Pengin nyoba nulis2 bahasa Inggris mirip Cak Nur, tapi ora iso aku. Ajari to mas... :-)

    Oya, blog-nya kutambah di link blog-ku ya? Imanuel.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Halah, aku juga baru nyoba2, sekalian untuk mewariskan kisah hidupku buat anak(-anak)ku... Dengan senang hati silakan di link ... Gbu

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment