Someone Whose Happiness Meant More To Me Than My Own

"I waited until I was 39 to get married because it took me that long to find someone whose happiness meant more to me than my own," -- Dr. Randy Pausch

I was a 35-years-old bachelor back then. I had been through several relationships which I boldly counted them not as failures because apparently I was able to find out that those fine young ladies were not meant to be with me. I thank God for each relationship. They had taught me so many priceless things in life. Each time a relationship ended, I always applied what I called as a personal code of honor which means I did not tell anybody about it that I would never initiate another relationship until my former girlfriend had seen somebody else. I feel free to talk now since all of them are married already. Sure, there was a feeling of sadness, failure and shame. But I had learned to trust in God’s perfect plan that all things work together for good to those who love Him.

Back in 2005, I was free from my personal code of honor since my last girlfriend had already engaged. Nevertheless, I had made up my mind to seize every moment of my single life and maximize it to serve His purpose on earth and did not have any intention at all to start another relationship. So, there I was, single, available but not looking, until the day I met someone whose happiness meant more to me than my own.

Comments